As a rule of thumb, embrace a healthy weight loss diet plan that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products and whole grains, alongside drinking a lot of water, at least 8-10 glasses a day.
Being overweight can cause a lot of troubles to one personally alongside other health related issues. Studies have shown that overweight invariably leads to health issues such as hypertension, cardiac troubles, sleep apnea and diabetes. Further, being obese could hamper one's freedom to move, run, or sit comfortably in a standard chair.
The only way out of this mess is to shed those extra pounds around your waist by embracing some healthy weight loss diet plan and follow it religiously. Every healthy weight loss diet plan proposed by dieticians and nutritionists starts with a simple suggestion - reduce the food intake to the optimum amount. But it is the most difficult of the things to implement and it will take a lot of mental effort from your side to tune your mind to say NO to temptations.
Use caution when reducing the amount of food intake. A drastic change in diet can result in some serious adverse affects. It is best to utilize a diet plan that doesn't leave you hungry and/or fasting for a long period of time.
Most importantly, backup your efforts with a strict fitness regime to burn away those extra calories from the body. Make it a practice to spend 30 min in the gym daily. A short stroll in the garden or in the street in the evening is also is advisable.
For more information on healthy living, be sure to check out other iiFitnessii blog articles.
Here is to a healthy lifestyle!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Well, it has been several months since I posted anything new on this iiFitnessii blog... However, as you probably have noticed... There has been some serious changes! I plan on posting much more frequently in the coming months and I hope that you will stay tuned in!
I have a great deal of health and fitness information that will really benefit you and your family!
As always... Thank you for supporting iiFitnessii! I REALLY appreciate it!
Posted by iiFitnessii at 2:26 PM
Sunday, January 31, 2010
First off, I would like to apologize for my lack of post in the past couple months... I have been severely strapped for time (hence the reason for my promotion of Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer Program).
Now that I'm a dad... Time just isn't as available to me... However, Tony Horton's 10 Minute trainer gives me a workout schedule that I can actually accomplish at this busy point in my life. It is the best $$$ I have ever spent on a workout program.
I have to admit I was skeptical but the results are showing fast. I have lost right around 10 lbs and I have only been doing it for 1 1/2 weeks!
Do yourself a favor and buy this... You will not regret it! You can buy Tony Horton's 10 MINUTE TRAINER 5 Workouts SET - Includes Resistance Band and Other Extras at Amazon.com cheaper than you can off of the T.V.
Until next time... Hope you are having a happy and healthy life!
Posted by iiFitnessii at 2:35 PM
Friday, December 4, 2009
How will you die? Thats one of those questions that many would love to have answered, but there is not a fool proof method of finding out.
However, studies have shown that a probability of obtaining fatal diseases can be related to an individuals ethnic background, sex, and age. The chart above was derived from data collected by the Centers of Disease Control.
If you notice... the majority of these fatalities are direct results of poor life style choices (i.e. lack of exercise, poor nutrition, etc.). Changing these bad habits can dramatically reduce the probability of obtaining the illnesses demonstrated on this chart.
Please Note: These are the mostly likely causes of death for each race, sex, and age range in America (excluding homicide and accidental death).
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
In a society where people are looking desperately for a "great" diet... I find it appalling that hardly anyone tries a metabolism diet...
Developing a healthy metabolic diet is an essential weight loss component that is often overlooked. As I have discussed in previous articles, metabolism is a process your body goes through when converting food into energy. The metabolic process becomes flawed from unhealthy and inconsistent eating habits resulting in large amounts of fat storage.
A metabolism diet is extremely easy to stay on because it does not constrain you to eating foods that many feel are "tasteless" and/or "non-filling."
Listed below are 15 excellent metabolism boosters that will eliminate unwanted excess fat and bring you one step closer to a happier and healthier lifestyle!
- Calcium is a major metabolic trigger that has been linked to substantial weight loss. In a study done by the University of Tennessee, dieters who consumed 1,200 mg to 1,300 mg of calcium a day lost nearly double the amount of weight than those who did not take in calcium.
- Complex carbohydrates, which keep insulin levels low, boost metabolism as well. There is a direct correlation between insulin and fat storage. Low Insulin=Low Fat Storage and High Insulin=High Fat Storage.
Whole Grain Cereal
- Whole grain cereals also keep insulin levels low because they are a fabulous source of fiber and complex carbohydrates. Eating foods, like whole grain cereal, that keep insulin levels low keeps the body from storing large amounts of fat.
- Green tea contains a chemical called ECGC that increases your nervous system and brain to accelerate. What does this mean for weight loss? More calories are burned rather than stored. Green Tea, combined with coffee, has been found to increase the total number of calories burn by up to 80!
- Chicken contains metabolism awesome boosting proteins. Researches in Denmark noticed a substantial increase in metabolism in men who substituted one-fifth of their daily carb intake with protein.
- Lean pork contains a very high amount of proteins, which take a long while to digest. This long digestive process keeps is great for maintaining a consistently high metabolic level
- Coffee is not a "great" choice by any means but the simple fact that caffeinated coffee speed your heart rate up is enough to put it on this list. The key here is limiting the amount sugars/sweeteners and using skim milk.
- Lean beef, like lean pork, contains a high level of proteins which take a long time to digest. The digesting process itself burns calories. Sounds like a win-win situation. Be sure that the beef is lean however or the benefit is null.
- Salmon, which contains a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids, are an excellent metabolic booster. The Omega-3 fatty acids lower a natural hormone (leptin) that is found in your body. Low lipten levels are directly tied to high caloric burn.
- Tuna, as with salmon, contain high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids lower the amount of leptin in your body which has been linked to a significant increase in metabolism
- Turkey is a meat of choice by many dieters and for great reason. This lean protein source is great because, like all protein sources, it take a long while to digest. Thus, keeping a consistent and high level of metabolic burn.
- Sardines contain fish oil which has been linked by French researchers to reduce excess fat. The great news for anti-fish eaters is, fish oil can be consumed in other fashions than eating fish... (i.e. supplements)
- Habaneros are mostly know for their hot taste, but they have also been linked to great health benefits. Laval University researchers have found that people who consume these red-peppered snacks burned, on average, 1,000 more calories that those who don't.
- Jalapenos contain a chemical (capsaicin) that increases the heart rate which in return, speeds up your metabolism.
- Consuming oats is a great healthy choice for many different reasons. Metabolically speaking, oats take a long time to digest and contain a high amount of fiber. The majority of people eat oats in the morning which is the best time to do so. Since they are hard to digest, it help your body maintain a "full" feeling as well as a high metabolism.
- Eating spicy foods have been proven to increase metabolism. In the case of Cayenne Chilies (usually consumed in the form of Cayenne Pepper seasoning), one study has shown that eating one spicy meal a day can increase your metabolism by up to 25%.
One of the most important things someone can do to lose weight is maintain a high and consistent metabolism. Try using some of this metabolic boosters in your diet. You may find yourself feeling lighter.
To healthy lifestyles,
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Oprah Winfrey once said, "Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right."
How true is that statement... I mean it is almost comical when you see a huge increase in gym traffic in January and by late February... back to the regular gym junkies.
2010 may be just another year, but unhealthy habits are going to severely limit the number of times you will experience "just another year." The unfortunate truth is this: 43% of adults nationwide will be obese by 2018, according to a 2009 study done by the United Health Foundation, the American Health Association and Partnership for Prevention.
The crazy part about this trend is that it can be prevented. If everyone maintained the same motivation they have at "12:00 AM" on January 1, 2010 throughout the year I wouldn't be talking about this now. I digress.
What is important is understanding how to "keep" your new years resolutions for not just 2010... but for the remainder of your life. Sound daunting? Don't let it. The truth is humans are creatures of habit. Therefore, when we do something repetitively, we begin to do it automatically and with a greater ease.
One of the single most motivational factors for individuals trying to get health is noticeable results (i.e. weight loss, lower cholesterol, improved blood pressure, etc.).
The following New Year's Resolutions will give you the noticeable results that you need to keep on the road to a healthier life style. Lets get started...
- Cheat On Your Diet
- Stop the Pop
- Take Your "Flintstones"
- Sit Down and Sit Up
- Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
- Eat Fast Food
- Water Your Soul
- Understand What Your Chewing On
- Take Sinatra's Approach... Do it "Your Way"
- Stop Being So Salty
Sounds simple enough right? Thats because it is!
Always remember... A few bumps in the road never knocked the wheels off your car right!?!?!
For more tips and tricks be sure to subscribe to my iiFitnessii blog HERE or my iiFitnessii RSS feed HERE.
Hope this helps bring you a Happy New Year for 2010 and many more years to come!
Cheat on your diet? Seriously? Absolutely!
One of the healthiest things that you can do for yourself is maintain a positive and happy attitude while dieting.
Obviously, cheating on your diet should not occur on a weekly basis. However, every once in a while (say once a month) it is a good idea to "treat" yourself to something that may not be part of your diet.
The key is to "plan" your cheat. Do not just go eat something really bad on a whim because this causes a psychological and structural breakdown without you even knowing it. Once this occurs, it become easier and easier to cheat which will ultimately lead to a complete diet failure!
A toast to organized cheating!
Its OK to keep smiling :)